District FNP Coordinator, Family and Consumer Sciences
- Train, monitor and evaluate family nutrition program assistants in Central District so that all are meeting their objectives and goals.
- Work as a team with District Coordinators around the state to strengthen and improve the Family Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP and SNAP-Ed).
- Assist the State Project Leader for the Family Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP and SNAP-Ed) as requested in training, planning, programming and reporting for the Family Nutrition Education Program.
Education and Degrees
- 1982 - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University-Master's of Science; Clothing, Textiles and Related Arts, with an emphasis on child development and consumerism.
- 1980 - Longwood College Bachelor's of Science, Home Economics Education
- 2006 - District Coordinator, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education Program (SNAP-Ed) and Expanded Foods and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) serving Central District.
- 2002 - 2006 - Teacher, Family and Consumer Science, including child development, nutrition, life skills, parenting, nutrition and interior design. Halifax County High School, Halifax County Public Schools
- 1991 – 2002 - Owner, Carrington’s Custom Window Treatments, South Boston, VA
- 1984 - 1987 Extension Agent, 4-H/Youth, Virginia Cooperative Extension Service, Lynchburg, VA